IPA

 23/01/2024

To begin with, in the TESOL seminar class, we talked a bout the IPA, teacher explained about the classification of the NAE Consonant phonemes and gave examples of how classify words, he asked how do we identify that we talk standard Spanish, at first I thought we could speak the standard spanish because there is not too much variations on our accent, compare to other municipios in El Salvador, in addition he explained how to transcript word into IPA and we use some charts.

To continue with I would like to mention that prior the class started  I though the chart he show for vowel and consonant was just to show how English sound are written the first time I saw it in addition, I believed that standard Spanish was identify depending on what is close similar to the Spanish alphabet sounds. furthermore, during the discussion in class was mentioned that Spanish is spoken in about 20 countries around the words and each country owns the language, meaning that even we use spanish every part of every country will speak and produce the language on their way.

To conclude I have learnt more about the classification of NAE, I also learned about standards Spanish and English and how location will influence on it.


Comentarios

Entradas populares