Kibun

 29/02/2024


To begin with todays blog of the Tesol seminar class, it is important to go over the fact that this term Kibun is a term related to the Asian culture, furthermore this term as a cultural category is translated as mood that you show to others. (Robinson & Fisher, 1992). It was the first time I knew this term and when I heard about it was interesting for the fact that in korea it is use in different ways.

To go forward with, I would like to mention that even it was the first time hearing this term I made a concept considering previous terms taught in this seminar, and so what I believed this word could mean is that it something related to people behavior, I came up with this idea considering that all previous terms were related to that as well, meanwhile during class It was also mentioned that researchers have show that culture should be taken into account in classes, also with kibun, students should not make eye contact with the speaker or teacher, or it could be disrespectful.

To sum up with, after this class I understood that the term kibun will be an asian culture term, and its meaning is a way people behave or like the way we show ourselves to other, and translated into English as mood, furthermore I learned that kibun will consider culture into classes when it refers to the educational part, and I am glad that I almost got the idea of what kibun could be, now I can complete the meaning or the understanding about it.


Comentarios

Entradas populares