Manner of articulation.

 18/01/2024

To begin with in today's class, teacher explained where each sound is articulated in English, also he explained the difference between English vowels and Spanish vowels manner of articulations but is not a big deal, he state that according to the chart presented that in spanish vowel are located high front, high back, mid front, mid back and low central only, english has more vowels and for instead, is located in all vowel.

To continue with, I knew already a little bit about the manner of articulation of english vowels, I though Spanish and English vowels could have a huge difference on the manner of articulation but they don't, furthermore each vowel sound is located in our mouth and produced when speaking, compared to spanish, English has more vowels with 12 vowels sounds while spanish has 5 only, in adition it was also mentioned that IPA transcription is used to identify the sounds of each vowel when talking.

To sum up,   I learned about where each sound is produced and to use IPA transcription, so I refresh my mine and remember what I knew and learned even more using the IPA transcription.


Comentarios

Entradas populares